Historical HB 1172 Timely Graduation Reports
HB 1172, 79th Legislature, required that general academic teaching institutions report to their governing boards on their efforts to promote students’ timely graduation. The Coordinating Board directed the institutions to provide their governing boards a brief (one to two paragraph) description responding to the specific statements in the legislation, as shown below. The institutional responses may include links to web pages that give greater details.
- To ensure that undergraduate students graduate in a timely manner.
- To ensure that undergraduate students do not attempt an excessive number of semester credit hours beyond the minimum number required to complete the students’ degree programs.
- To provide academic counseling concerning timely graduation.
- To develop an online student degree progress report which compares the courses taken and credit received by a student to the courses completed and needed for degree and graduation requirements for each academic term.
- To implement tuition policies that encourage timely graduation.
Historical Reports and Documents
The following are links to institutional submissions to their boards:
Current Timely Graduation Reports